Awards and Honors
A Tradition of Excellence
At Language Computer, we're convinced that evaluation should play an important role in the development of any new technology.
Even though we're focused on developing "next-generation" NLP systems, we know that our customers expect our products to simply work. Whether you're an operational user out in the field or an information consumer here at home, we know that there's nothing frustrating than a tool that doesn't perform as advertised.
For that reason, we've never been shy about evaluating our products in public. Since 1999, Language Computer's products have participated in more than 25 U.S. Government-sponsored evaluations of natural language processing systems.
We've done pretty well, too. Our question answering systems received top marks at 9 of the past 10 U.S. Government-sponsored Text Retrieval Conference (TREC) evaluations, while our multi-document summarization systems have been among the best systems evaluated at the past 5 annual Document Understanding Conference (DUC) evaluations, and our textual inference and content validation systems have finished first at the past two European Community-funded PASCAL Recognizing Textual Entailment (RTE) Challenges.
List of Awards
- TREC 2007 - Top-Performing System
- TREC 2006 - Top-Performing System
- TREC 14 (2005) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 13 (2004) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 12 (2003) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 11 (2002) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 10 (2001) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 9 (2000) - Top-Performing System
- TREC 8 (1999) - Top-Performing System
- DUC 2007 - Most Responsive Summaries
- DUC 2006 - Most Responsive Summaries
- DUC 2005 - Most Responsive Summaries
- DUC 2004 - Most Responsive Summaries
- DUC 2003 - Most Responsive Summaries
DUC Multi-document Summarization
- RTE 2007 - Most Accurate System
- RTE 2006 - Most Accurate System
PASCAL Recognizing Textual Entailment
For more information
But don't just take our word for it. We invite you to put our products to only test that matters: performing in your application environment. To learn more about what Language Computer's award-winning products can do for you, contact us at (972) 231-0052 or e-mail us today.